Mass.gov Knowledge Base
If you are new to Mass.gov, you will find tips, instructions, guidelines, and other information you need to use it successfully. If you have been authoring for a while, you can find updates on familiar content, learn about new features, and brush up on best practices.
The Knowledge Base also offers resources for learning about design, accessibility, site analytics, and content strategy. Search by keyword or use the table of contents menu to navigate section by section. Like Mass.gov and the CMS, the Knowledge Base is continually evolving. Users can suggest or request new content for the Knowledge Base via this form.
Mass.gov is the public face of the Commonwealth for constituents. We aim to make our website fast, easy, and secure for all those who use it.
Mass.gov’s guiding principles:
- We are constituent-centric. We aim to create content that visitors to our site find easy to use and understand, whether they are here for personal, professional, or informational purposes.
- We strive to use plain language. This helps people read, understand, and use services more easily, and it improves the accuracy of auto-translation tools.
- Avoid confusing “government-speak” wherever possible. This includes things like acronyms and jargon that someone outside your office might not understand.
- We strive to make content that is accessible for all visitors, regardless of their abilities.
- We work to make Mass.gov usable across devices, including desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- We maintain a consistent design across the website so the public has a seamless experience.
- We adapt our website, services, and information based on visitor feedback to give people the best experience possible.
Authoring & Editing
Measurement & Improvement
Plan, design, and write content for Mass.gov. Writing style, choosing the right content type, and other information for more experienced content creators.
Documents, Images & Video
Mass Digital Resources
These are the most common topics that CMS authors ask for help with: